Thursday 6 June 2013

The Soul Crushing Abyss of "Customer Service"

So today I have an experience with my xbox that I never wish to repeat, I could go on a long winded explanation but I won't, you can either read this, or know that is basically comes down to Microsoft suspended my xbox live account because they couldn't charge my debit card, so I tried to log into xbox.com to disable the auto renewal of my gold subscription when I was greeted with Microsoft Outlook's incredibly flawed Verify system, the only e-mail I had listed on it was an old hotmail account from 8-9 years ago that was lost to the same verifying system, forcing me to change every password on everything, needless to say I'm not a fan of this thing, so I switched it using my phone to verify because I thought it would be easier, which it was, but then I was greeted with this.


so now I have to wait until tomorrow to turn off auto renewal, and I'm not even sure it will fix it.

so I got on twitter and started asking xbox support for help, didn't get a response until I posted this tweet.

from there we had a back and forth were they told me to do all the things I've already tired, and to try them again, which resulted in my favorite part about the exchange.

in fact the only good thing to come out of this was the help I received from a bunch of people, which I have since found out didn't matter as the codes you guys all gave me couldn't be used on a suspended account.



needless to say I'll be waiting in line at the Xbox One's launch to buy a PS4 and a Wii U.

say what you want about how the PS3 was hacked, at lest everyone got a free game out of it, all I got from this is a xbox help line phone number and an urge to put something sharp against my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment